Welcome to Giles Consulting Group
Contact us at 619.227.6304 or email@example.com
Counseling Psychologist, Sport & Performance Psychologist, Executive Coach, Speaker, Author
Dr. Ross Flowers is an experienced psychologist, international sport and performance psychologist, executive coach, author and speaker. He is a partner in Giles Consulting Group and served as the director of sports performance psychology for the Los Angeles Clippers, mental health clinician for the Los Angeles Rams, senior sport psychologist for the United States Olympic Committee, and sport psychology consultant for UCLA track & field. He has experience as a leadership development coach for the Center for Creative Leadership, psychologist in the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, sport psychologist for San Diego State University Athletics, sport psychology instructor and psychologist/director of the Applied Sport Psychology Program at the University of California Davis. Dr. Ross Flowers counsels, designs, teaches, and implements skills development programs for culturally diverse individuals, teams and organizations.
Dr. Flowers establishes professional relationships and builds tailored programs to meet the specific needs of each client. Dr. Flowers takes pride in being a valuable resource in achieving excellence. With years of experience in psychology, sport and performance at every level, Dr. Flowers works efficiently and effectively to teach skills that are essential to mental health, life balance, and performance, so clients can maximize the pleasures of excellence.
The author of, Introducing Your Child to Sports: An Expert's Answers to Parents' Questions about Raising a Healthy, Balanced, Happy Athlete, Dr. Ross Flowers offers his unique 360 degree perspective - as a noted sport psychologist, former elite athlete and coach, and father of young athletes himself - to answer the 70 most-asked questions of concerned parents contemplating their child's participation in sports.
Dr. Flowers created an applied sport and performance psychology program for the LA Clippers. He initiated and maintained strong working relationships with players and coaches to enhance well-being and performance, build life skills and career development opportunities, and manage crises. Dr. Flowers created and administered an assessment protocol for draft selection, designed and implemented programming for rookie development and player engagement, and created crisis management protocol and resources. He also had the opportunity to support player mental health and development for the LA Rams, and deliver NFL Player Engagement Rookie Programs.
As a leadership development and executive coach, Dr. Flowers administers and interprets assessments, conceptualizes growth opportunities, builds coaching relationships, and provides custom mentor-coaching and leadership development opportunities for business managers and executives. His experiences working with an international clientele of government, for-profit and non-profit companies provide Dr. Flowers with a uniquely diverse skill set. Dr. Flowers’s breadth and depth of experiences help him engage diverse issues, and integrate meaningful skills to reach impactful solutions.
Dr. Flowers served as a senior sport psychologist with the United States Olympic Committee. In addition to creating sport psychology programs for national governing bodies of sport and implementing services to teams and individuals, Dr. Flowers successfully integrated mental health and performance services into the culture of an Olympic Training Center through coaching, mentoring, psycho-education, psychotherapy, individual and group consultation, leadership training, team building, capital project requests, research, written reports, educational programming, and training venue development. He served on many USA World Cup, World Championship and Olympic teams for summer and winter sports.
Dr. Flowers founded and directed the Applied Sport Psychology Program at the University of California, Davis, working in Counseling and Psychological Services and the Intercollegiate Athletics Department serving 26 intercollegiate athletic programs, over 800 student-athletes and 121 coaches and staff, as part of the campus population. He also supervised the professional development of psychology doctoral candidates, with emphasis on those specializing in applied sport psychology.
Dr. Flowers's productivity in the realm of elite performance enhancement is supported by his background as an elite athlete, NCAA Division 1 coach, and consultant to national and international business professionals. Dr. Flowers has a doctorate of philosophy in counseling psychology from the University of Missouri-Kansas City with emphasis in performance and sport psychology, and a bachelor of arts in psychology from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Youth and High School Students and Student-Athletes
- Parents of Student-Athletes
- University Student-Athletes and Coaches
- NBA Teams, National Basketball Players Association
- NFL Players and Coaches, NFL Players Association
- WTA - Women's Tennis Association and Players
- Olympic & Paralympic Athletes & Coaches
- Trinidad & Tobago Ministry of Sport
- International Olympic & Pan-Am Games Development Committees
- U.S. Naval Special Warfare Command Training
- Business Executives, Directors, Managers
- Learn periodized mental and emotional performance skills that correlate with physical training
- Learn how to stay in the moment of performance
- Build skills to move potential to talent and into elite performance
- Build YOUR process for elite performance
- Develop mental and emotional management skills
- Develop effective communication skills
- Have a confidential professional resource for support and guidance
For Coaches & Team Managers
- Build a positive and rewarding team culture
- Develop a trusting leadership/coaching style
- Effectively communicate and coach the next generation
- Assess athlete's acceptance and integration of coaching and training
- Identify and build strengths in performance
For Meeting Planners & Event Chairs
- Inspire your audience with a glimpse into the minds of high performers
- Learn how elite athletic performance directly correlates with maximum employee performance
- Discover the secrets of optimum teamwork for maximum results
- Tailor presentation to the needs of the target audience
For Executives & Managers
- Execute effective goal and performance planning
- Enhance work team environment
- Identify areas for performance improvement
- Clarify methods and strategies for performance development
- Reduce performance anxiety and stress
Giles Consulting Group, LLC
Ross Flowers, Ph.D.
Chula Vista | Giles Consulting Group | 619-227-6304